1.23.2008

:: sometimes, i love today ::

I usually shift slowly, railing against change for change's sake: why must things always be new? I prefer worn-in shoes and heirlooms.

But. Today I love today, as the future mingles with the past more decisively in the form of...

a podcast.

And the gem from a podcast today, written by a painter but giving insight to writing:

"There is only one true thing: instantly paint what you see. When you've got it, you've got it. When you haven't, you begin again. All the rest is humbug." Edouard Manet

(it's his birthday today)

1 Comments:

Blogger R.A. said...

This quote expresses exactly how I feel about writing. And sorry I haven't responded to your facebook post...school started back up recently and my whole life has been leading up to it for the past couple of weeks. I do want to see you sometime soon though! I'm in L.A. right now, no longer O.C., so we'll have to figure something clever out in order to get together. Can't WAIT to hear all about the last 7 years of your life!!! I can hardly believe it's been that long...

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home