5.08.2006

If he'd accelerated instead of braked, just two more feet, our entire weekend would've turned out differently.

Downtown is full of bad drivers. It all gets worse with the one-way streets. But this had nothing to do with the one-way. It had much more to do with their blazing through what was clearly a red light. It wasn't even one that had just turned. They were just in a hurry; we almost got in the way.

It made me think about timing. God has impeccable timing. I see it most clearly in friendships, usually the ones I wouldn't have if it wasn't for this chance meeting that turned into that road trip that is now just one more story we tell when we're too full to keep eating but too comfortable to leave the table. I love those times.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy,
It's Chris Teagle! I looked you up! Just flipping through year book, saw your face and thought, hmmmm, let's see what she's up too! Turns out, you're up to a lot! Praise the Lord for all He has taken you through...and I'm sure your blog is only half of it all! Hope to hear from you!
Chris - 1 Peter 1:8

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home