3.14.2006

:: no, i don't speak chinese ::

But this is brilliant! In June, Kaitlyn and I will be flying to Indonesia. I am going there before her so as to have plenty of quality time with my parents, but we're on the same flight back. The only problem is our seating. Since we're flying China Air, we're both brushing up on our Mandarin won't-you-please-trade-seats-with-me phrases.

I discovered this morning that instead of speaking these things, we should really write a letter. Here it is (thank you, free online translating genius):

勞駕, 先生。 它似乎我們有直接地涉及您的一個問題。 看見, 您是的位子清楚地是那個在您的票。 但是, 它並且是那個我們會想參加。 因為您旅行沒有家庭並且因為我們忘記我們的報話機通信相互飛機...

它會是好如果我們換了位子與您?

something is always lost in translation....

2 Comments:

Blogger :: mandy :: said...

I'm commenting on my own blog because it's that important to me that you understand this post. It really is only funny if you try to translate that Chinese writing. I wrote a little paragraph and put it in this post. I then decided to see what it would say if it was re-translated into English. Let me just tell you, it was good. So maybe I'm the only one who enjoys that and that's ok because I was laughing out loud at myself.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Analyst Catalyst said...

Yeah, I don't know how successful you'll be if you keep telling the person, "You are the seat." :)

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home