4.03.2007

:: making grown men cry ::

It has always been amazing to me that words can be expressed in so many dimensions, on flat pieces of paper or in sound surrounding our living rooms. That they can then be carried to other places, our thoughts, transmitted across continents, shared with friends. I love words. I love their role in explaining life.

But they are limited. I remembered this when I sat down to write today. I wanted to describe a tear, the little trickle that ran down a crease by his nose. I almost missed it through my own but there it was, shouting without the help of words that I matter. I felt the full weight of that absence of words. I matter.

Thank you for the things you did and didn't say today. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home